The Educators Rising Moment Competition is an individual speaking competition and gives students the chance to articulate why they aim to pursue a career in education. See the link below for detailed information, including the scoring rubric.
- The speech must be about the speaker’s personal experience that illustrates the power of being an educator. Being specific— as opposed to depending on clichés or broad statements — in sharing your story is very important.
2. Speech should be original, creative and capture the audience’s attention.
3. Each presentation is to be a minimum of three minutes and a maximum of four minutes.
4. One judge will also serve as time-keeper. Speakers will receive a visual, non-verbal indication that there is one-minute remaining when they reach the three-minute mark of their speeches.
5. Speakers may use up to five 4×6-inch index cards while presenting. Only one side of each card may be used.
6. A lectern and microphone will be available for the presentation.